Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 7th - Whew! Busy Friday!

I had just finished breakfast when Lisa called and wanted to know if I wanted to meet her at Costco.  David had their card and she wanted to pick up a few things for a dinner tomorrow and didn't want to wait until he got home.  Since I am always ready to meet up with the kids, I said I would be there shortly.  I had to finish getting ready and then stopped for gas on the way, but we finally all got there.  She was able to get what she needed and we had a fun time.  Ashby didn't go to school today (recovering from the circus, I guess!), so it was both of the kids.

From there, we went over to the mall.  Brooks had an appointment for a haircut and then we had some lunch.  Lunch was followed by a ride on the carousel.  Ashby rode her horse and played circus.  Meaning, she waved her hand and smiled at the audience.  They dropped me back off at my car and I went on to finish my other errands for the day.

Those errands included a stop at the library to return a couple of books and pick up a couple more.  Then I stopped and finally got a haircut myself.  I always wait about two weeks too long, so it was looking really bad.  Back home, I tackled those things that needed to be done, then spent the rest of the afternoon working on my family history files.  I made some nice progress.  Since my class requested that we have a lesson on organizing things, I am trying to have at least enough in good shape for them to be able to see how I am doing it.

By the time Bill got home, I was just about spent.  The opening ceremonies for the Olympics were on, but I was not interested.  It starts so late and I don't want to stay up to watch.  Instead I headed to bed to read my scriptures and then my current book.

I was on the go all day - got a lot done - and am exhausted!

No comments: