Saturday, February 15, 2014

February 14th - Happy Valentine's Day!

We don't do much to celebrate these commercial holidays like Valentine's Day.  I have always figured that there is nothing that I can get on this one day that will make up for the rest of the year.  I prefer a wonderful husband who loves me every day.  And, thankfully, that is what I have.

We are still trying to get back to normal after the snow holiday, and Bill didn't want to take off too early.  He had a half day job anyway and he wanted to let the last of any ice melt before he took off.  That means he slept in again.  I am always up at the same time.  Anyway, I decided to fix some breakfast, so cooked a pound of bacon, some O'brien potatoes, and eggs.  He came wandering in as I was finishing up the bacon.  Turns out he thought I was cooking a big breakfast as a Valentine's gift.  Oops.  I hadn't even thought of it.  I didn't tell him the truth, though.  It doesn't hurt if he thinks I was being thoughtful!

After he took off for work, I had some things to finish up and then I took off myself to run some errands.  I hadn't been out since Monday, so it was nice to get out.  Everywhere I went was really busy, so I guess everyone else was also getting out for the first time in a week.  There was no school today, so I am sure a lot of people also didn't go to work. 

I ran by the library to return a couple of books and pick up another.  I had finished a book last night that I really like.  It was titled The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri.  It was set in India and America with mainly Indian characters.  It was really about the people and was very well done. 

I also ran by CVS to pick up some sale items and to Kroger for milk and to pick up my prescriptions that the doctor called in last Monday when I had my appointment with him.  That was about enough running around for me.

By then, I was having the sinus headache again and my voice was getting crackly, and I was very tired.  I managed to keep myself busy without napping, but I didn't accomplish too much of value.  Bill got home early and talked about going out for dinner.  He was trying to be nice because of Valentine's Day, but we ended up just getting pizza.  Both of us were too lazy to want to fight the crowds to try to eat out anywhere.

I rested on the couch watching TV with him for a while - something I never do!  Then Billy called and we talked for quite a while.  By then, I was ready to curl up with my book.  I apparently missed the earthquake at 10:30 though.  Facebook is buzzing about it, but I never felt a thing.  Oh, well.


No comments: