Saturday, February 22, 2014

February 21st - Made Up for the Down Day Yesterday

So glad I was feeling better today, since it was a much busier day.  My first chore of the day was to run out to the grocery store to pick up some things for one of my visiting teaching sisters.  She bummed up her knee in a fall on the ice and my companion and I planned to take some snacks for her and the family to enjoy.  I picked up some good sandwich rolls, some deli meat and cheeses, some shrimp, chips and dip, nuts, and grapes.  It all fit in a basket I had and looked pretty good.  My companion made home-made muffins to finish it off.

I picked her up around 11:00 and we went over to deliver our goodies and spent about an hour chatting with her and her sister.  It was very enjoyable.  I had met the sister one other time, so we all had a good time catching up and getting better acquainted.  This particular sister is always fun to visit, but she often ignores messages, so is hard to actually get in to visit. 

Back home, I had some things to do around here and then felt tired, so I took a nap. 

About 7:00, Lisa, David and the kids came over.  The kids are having a "spend the night" with Grandma & Grandpa, so Lisa and David can have a date night.  They had planned to go to the temple first, but things didn't quite work out right, so they were going to go out to dinner.  They had a gift card left from Christmas for a really good place in downtown Buford, so this seemed like the perfect night to use it.

We had a really fun evening with Ashby and Brooks.  They were both so excited.  It was cute as they both walked up the sidewalk pulling their little suitcases behind them.  Brooks hasn't spent the night as often as Ashby has, so he was particularly excited about his suitcase and pulled it straight into his room.  Meanwhile Ashby was unpacking and putting her toothbrush in the bathroom. 

We fixed some mac & cheese for a late dinner.  They had had fruit and snacks earlier to get them through, but needed something that would stick through the night.  Other than eating, they just played and played.  They were especially excited to have Grandpa here, so they played a lot of hide-and-seek and chase.

Eventually, to calm them down, they got into the bathtub and stayed there playing with the plastic animals for a very long time.  Then it was time to get into jammies, have another quick snack, and then I went into bed with Ashby.  We read a book and then she was asleep almost instantly.  She slept in our room, so when Bill came into bed later, he had a little trouble getting to sleep.  He finally gave up and moved out to the couch.  She is a snuggle bunny!

Brooks had taken such a late nap that he lasted a little longer than Ashby, but once she was asleep and I said it was time for bed, he was ready.  I just had to put him in the crib and he went to sleep almost immediately.

What a fun evening!  Now, if they both sleep all night, we will have it made.

No comments: