Monday, February 17, 2014

February 16th - Sunday Blessings

It was nice to have a normal Sunday - not stuck in a rut at all, but wonderful!  I relaxed in the morning, doing several things related to my class, family history, and other quiet things.  Then it was off to our meetings.  The theme for Sacrament Meeting was the new theme for the youth - "Come unto Christ."  The speakers all did a good job.  The ward choir also sang an arrangement of "I Stand All Amazed" that was amazing. 

My Sunday School class is winding down, so just a few are continuing to come.  We finished the actual lessons the end of January and have been doing some workshop type things based on what they want to talk about.  Today we spent the class on organizing files and related things.  It went well.  Relief Society lesson was on the family and was really good, too.

Back home, I got dinner put together and ready to cook.  I had boneless chicken thighs to put into the Dale's to marinade.  The sweet potatoes got washed and ready to put in microwave, as well as the carrots.  I also had a couple of artichokes from the produce box, so I got those ready to cook, as well.  The bread had been rising since morning, so I had to go ahead and bake it right away, as the rolls were starting to drift over the edges of the muffin tins.

When the kids got here, I put the chicken on the counter-top grill I got recently.  It was a bigger test than the hot dogs, and I am glad that they turned out really well.  I think I am going to like it as an alternative to cooking outside on the grill when weather is bad.  We all enjoyed sitting around the table and eating and talking.  We were also privileged to get a little dance demonstration from Ashby and her daddy, with Brooks providing the accompaniment on the piano. 

They weren't able to stay too long, as Brooks had not napped and was getting pretty tired by 7:00.  Even so, it was a fun afternoon/evening.  I do love my Sundays!

No comments: