Thursday, February 27, 2014

February 26th - Family History Wednesday - what else?

I picked up my friend on my way to the family history center this morning.  I was glad she was with me, as my co-worker called just as we were getting to the church to say that the school had called and she had a sick child.  At least I wasn't there alone!

Jan had come prepared to work on a specific name and I helped her get into Ancestry and showed her how to do a search there.  We found her name in another family tree (very exciting, since she only had a name, but we used birth year of his wife and just the country where they lived) and the owner of that tree had done a lot of research and had a long list of documents attached.  She was able to piggy-back off that work and ended up going home with copies of 7 census records, a birth record, and a marriage record.  Plus, there is more to work on later.  Needless to say, we were both very excited.  I also worked on my grandfathers' siblings' children and found a lot of details that I did not have.  A good morning!

We went to lunch on our way home, dropped her off at home, then I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some things.  By the time I got home and things put away, I was tired!  But, I never did make it to a nap.  I had enough other odds and ends to handle at home, plus I wanted to finish up what I had started at the family history center.  I didn't get it finished, though, although I made some progress.  Making sure everything gets entered and copied correctly can sometimes take longer than doing the research!

This evening, Bill had to go to church for the Blue and Gold Banquet and a Court of Honor.  That meant another quiet evening for me.  I was tired and had pretty much reached my limit on the computer, so I watched another episode of "Genealogy Roadshow" and enjoyed that.  After a little conversing with friends on FaceBook, I went on to bed to read.

It has been a very busy day, but I am excited about what I have found on my family history.  I don't seem to have as much time to work on my own stuff anymore, so it is fun when I do.

No comments: