Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 8th - Clean House!

My Saturday morning was a routine Saturday - straightening the house, doing some laundry, etc.  I didn't do any cleaning, though, as I had hired two of the Beehive girls from church to clean my house this afternoon.  They had been looking for some way to earn money and I wanted someone to clean, so it was a perfect match.  They did an excellent job, although they took longer than I had expected.  No complaints on my part!  They both would like to come back and do it again, so I told them I like to have someone come in about once a month and the job was theirs if they wanted it.  I paid them what I would have paid someone anyway, so they earned some money and I got a clean house!

White they were busily making my house so wonderful, I was busily working on my family history files.  I think I pretty much finished up the one I was working on, so I will use that one for my lesson next week.  My class had asked for help on organizing files.  I am happy with the way I have them done now.  I really only changed a couple of things, but it is much better.

This evening, Bill had to chaperone a youth dance over in Roswell, so I had a quiet evening at home alone.  I turned on the TV for a few minutes (shock, I know!), thinking I would watch a bit of the Olympics.  Instead, I got caught up in a PBS biography about Judy Garland - very fascinating!  Although I didn't make it all the way to the end before I headed in to read my scriptures and book.  I finished another book called Mrs. Peregrine and Her Peculiar Children, or something like that.  It was a recommendation from somewhere and I thought it was certainly peculiar!  It had elements that I don't particularly enjoy - things like time loops and super-natural powers.  It was well-written and parts of it were intriguing, but there was a lot I didn't like.


No comments: