Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 17th - Empty Nesters

We had Empty Nesters Family Home Evening this evening, which is always fun.  We had a good turnout at the home of a couple who have just recently moved into our ward.  They had been in the next stake over and their new house put them into our ward.  Since it was just after Valentine's Day, our discussion centered around how couples met, best dates, and worst dates.  It was a lot of fun.

We always just do a pot luck refreshment table and the refreshments keep getting better!  I made a spice cake with penuche frosting, which was a hit.  Not everyone had even had penuche frosting before, which is my very favorite!  I managed to come home with just a few pieces left.

The rest of my day was pretty much the normal routine for a Monday.  I had the sore throat again and a serious headache, so I ended up taking a good nap.  Hopefully, that will be it. 

No comments: