Thursday, February 20, 2014

February 19th - Family History Day

Wednesday is always my big family history day, and today was no exception.  On the third Wednesday of each month, a local Genealogy Study Group uses the building for their monthly meeting.  I have been part of the group since last fall and I really enjoy it.  Today, I was the main presenter - my second time doing it.  Today's lesson was on the records on FamilySearch and how to access them, as well as how to use Family Tree and access records from there.  I had a lot of discussion and I think it was a success.  They were especially anxious to learn about Family Tree, as it is a whole new way of doing a tree and many people are struggling with it.  Hopefully, many questions were answered, as well as some good learning.

After the meeting, there is always a meeting of the steering committee and somehow they got me onto to that, too.  We planned out the next three months and it looks like I will be doing one or two book reviews during that time.  They really are nice people and it is a great way to do silent missionary work, while accomplishing genealogy at the same time.

Back home, I had lunch and did the usual things that always have to be done.  I was pretty exhausted again, so I ended up taking a short nap.

This evening I was over at the church.  I have been going in case anyone wants individual assistance on family history, but I have not had many takers.  I will finish out the month and then will probably just drop it and will go only if someone makes an appointment in advance.  I did have one of the members catch me in the hall and ask about the Sunday class that is starting and added his name to my class roster.  So, that was good!

I do love these family history days - even if I am really worn out. 

No comments: