Monday, January 6, 2014

January 5th - New Sunday Schedule

So, today we switched to the 1:00 church schedule - not my favorite, but it does have some advantages.  At least I don't have to hurry around in the morning, making sure dinner is planned and that I get out of the house on time.  On the other hand, by the time I get home, the afternoon is pretty much shot.  In the balance, I'll take the early schedule, but I would rather be at church on Sunday than at home, so I am not going to fuss about it.

This morning, I did the final pre-prep on dinner, so that it would be quick to finish up.  I did a meatloaf, though, so that will have to cook for an hour and a half regardless.  I did leave a note, just in case the kids came straight over from church and were here before I was.  That didn't happen, as they went home and let Brooks get a nap first.  He is recovering from another ear infection and was pretty tired.  That actually worked out fine, too, as it meant we ate later, so everything had time to get cooked.  Along with the meatloaf, we had baked potatoes, black-eyed peas, fried apples, a green salad, and rolls.  It was good!

My family lesson went well today.  We are on the second lesson about record research and I used one of the students for my example of how to research to find the next generation.  It was perfect, as I was able to teach some techniques, as well as show them how FamilySearch works.  Everyone really got into it.

I got my temple recommend renewed today, too.  It expired the last day of December and I had forgotten to get it done.  The second counselor in the stake presidency was in our ward today, so that made it easy.  I had the interviews back to back and I was done.  He was on the stake high counsel back in my stake RS days and he often asked me to accompany him on his speaking assignments.  Then he was a bishop during my Public Affairs days and we had a number of interactions there.  It is nice to personally know the stake presidency members.  It adds an extra level of comfort, I guess.  In this case, I have worked with all three of them, so that is even better!

After dinner, we had Venett take some time and show us some of her pictures from her recent trip to Russia and Switzerland.  They were very interesting and it made for a fun hour.  In between, there is always more than adequate entertainment provided by the muchkins, who are cuter every day!

It was a good Sunday, as they all are, and hopefully in another week or two I will have a routine figured out that works smoothly. 

No comments: