Monday, January 13, 2014

January 12th - Trying to Figure out the New Sunday Schedule!

So, just the second week on the afternoon church schedule and we are still in a bit of a state of chaos at home.  Having the morning at home is fine.  I got dinner in the crockpot and started.  I reviewed my lesson.  Plus a few other relaxing Sunday morning type things.

Church meetings were good, as usual.  My class went well.  Next week will be the final formal class and then we may take a couple of weeks for practicing, at least for anyone who wants to continue.  I was surprised the chapel looked so good, after the major flooding last week.  The bishop and clerk's offices, however, are not in such good shape.  Fortunately, nothing interfered with services.

Back home, I finished up dinner by putting the broccoli and apples on top of the dinner in the crockpot and baked some crescent rolls.  Brooks was asleep at home, so Lisa and Ashby were the only ones who came over.  We just fixed plates in the kitchen and ate in the living room.  Ashby had brought her CD of Frozen and we listened to that.  She knows every song by heart.  Lisa even posted an hilarious video of her singing one of the songs on FaceBook.  She can really belt it out!

We decided that trying to have dinner so late is just not going to work this year.  They are hungry by the time they get home and waiting another 3 hours is just too much.  And, if they eat a little, they eat a lot.  I think we will just do popcorn and dessert this year.  Plus, Bill didn't get home until around 6:30. 

We both had meetings to go to at 7:00, so Lisa and Ashby took off.  Bill headed to the youth fireside and I went to the Family History meeting.  I do not like the chaos!  Fortunately, they are only going to do these meetings every other month.

Maybe things will get smoother as we go along.  I sure hope so.  I really don't like 1:00 church!  

No comments: