Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 15th - Busy Family History Day

Today was the monthly meeting of the Gwinnett Genealogy Study Group, so I was busy right off the bat this morning.  I picked up my friend a little after 9:00 and we headed down to the Lawrenceville church building.  The new stake director was already there, so he got out the projector and screen so I could get that set up.  Meanwhile, everyone else was getting tables and chairs set up.  The meeting started right on time at 10:00.  All the presentations were really good and I picked up some great ideas for organizing materials and also for archiving things.  After the meeting and the steering committee meeting, we finally got out of there.  We stopped for some lunch on the way home.

At home, I did the things that didn't get done in the morning, but I must admit that I didn't overwork myself!  I spent a block of time reading the new book about finding female ancestors that came last week.  I will be doing a book review of it for the March study group meeting.  I think it might be a possible topic for a presentation at some point, too.

This evening, I went over to the church to see if anyone would come for the family history class.  I have only had one person say she planned to be there and she is not dependable, so I wasn't sure.  And I was right - no one came.  I had planned for that possibility, so I had something else to work on (my Sunday lesson), so it wasn't a waste of time.  Plus, I had a chance to talk to the High Priest Group leader a little, as well as the bishop.  I will be there again next week, just in case! 

When I got home and got a bite to eat, I relaxed a bit and then headed to bed to read.  I finished another book and started a new one.  I may never get all these books read, but they are all so good!

No comments: