Friday, January 3, 2014

January 2nd - Still Feels Like the Holidays!

Since this is the first real day of the new year, it would have made sense for life to start to get back to a normal routine, but I failed to do it!  With the decorations still up and Bill not working today, it just felt like another holiday.

I did manage to get one load of laundry done.  Well, I started it in the morning and then forgot about it until late in the afternoon, when I finally remembered to put it in the dryer.  Hmmm, maybe my brain forgot to come into the new year with me!  Later, I started putting away a few of the decorations.  I can't stand to have the place get all messed up, so I take one box at a time and get it done.  It will probably take another couple of days to get everything down.

I went out to lunch with a friend and her daughter.  We went to Mimi's and had a great time.  The daughter is 11 and she enjoyed being one of the grown ups going out for lunch.

Back home after lunch, I did a few computer things.  I got into FamilySearch, but I had to use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox.  I can't figure that one out, but at least I was able to check the family tree of the person in my class and her tree will be a perfect example of how to research records.  It took me just a few minutes to find the set of parents that she has been frustrated trying to find.  It will be a great learning opportunity for the whole class.

I was so tired that I finally took and a nap and ended up sleeping way longer than I should have.  It meant I wasn't really ready to go to sleep when it was bedtime.  I had eaten such a big lunch that I wasn't hungry again until into the evening, so I just had a popcorn kind of night and read my book while Bill watched something on TV - I think it was a big game, but I didn't even watch it.

I ended up reading in bed until well past when I should have.  Oh, well.  This was still a holiday - maybe tomorrow I will have a more normal day.  Then again, maybe not!

No comments: