Monday, January 27, 2014

January 26th - A "Not the Best Day of the Week" Sunday

I had every intention of going to stake conference this morning, regardless of how I was feeling, but it didn't happen.  My throat is so sore that I can hardly swallow - but still no fever.  About the time I needed to get dressed, I realized that I would never be able to sit there through two hours, so I just gave it up.

I did put some boneless pork ribs in the oven on a very low heat to let them cook all morning.  And I pulled out some potatoes, broccoli and apples - all from the weekly produce delivery - and got them ready to cook when Bill got back home.

Other than that, I tried doing a few computer things, but just didn't have energy and ended up back in bed by late morning, which is where I was hiding out when Bill got home.  The meat was cooked and falling apart, so I put the rest of the food to cook, and we actually had a nice Sunday dinner with just the two of us.  I added some barbecue sauce to the meat, steamed the broccoli, boiled the potatoes, and made fried apples with butter and brown sugar.  The kids had been invited to the home of some friends to celebrate one of the children's birthdays, so they didn't come over. 

I sat around for a little, but by mid-afternoon I went back to bed and this time slept for a long time.  I accomplished absolutely nothing today - unless you count that I actually cooked a meal - and it feels like a totally wasted day.  My throat is worse this evening, so I am beginning to wonder if I am going to have to make a trip to the doctor one day this week.  There is still no fever, so I really don't think it is strep or a cold - just sinus drainage - but it could get infected if it persists too long.  So irritating!!!

No comments: