Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January 21st - Another Day on the Run!

I started the day with my water aerobics class.  When I got home, got showered, hair dried, etc., it was time to for a friend to pick me up for lunch.  We went to Chipotle and had a very tasty meal.  She is my visiting teacher, too, and has had a rough month and just needed to talk to someone.  Her 19 year old son is deaf and he got married two days before Christmas.  She learned he was getting married when she got a text from him that day.  It is easy to understand her depression over his choices - too young, extra struggles with life because of his lack of hearing, needing to go to school, always hoping he would serve a mission, etc.  His new wife joined the church a few months ago and hopefully her testimony is strong enough to see them through some tough times.  It can be so frustrating when our children just won't listen to our advice.  They think we don't know anything, when we have already experienced much of what they are facing and actually know a lot.  At least, she got to unload a little and I think she felt better just getting out and laughing, as well as talking. 

Bill's job for the day was postponed, so he ended up being at home.  He took care of several things that had piled up - like sending out invoices, some phone calls, etc.  Then at 3:00, we went out to see a movie.  We saw the new movie about Jack Ryan and we both enjoyed it.  I thought the car chase scenes were a bit much, but it has an interesting story line that I liked and the actor playing Jack Ryan is quite good - not to mention the best blue eyes ever!

Our evening was a quiet one and I headed into bed rather early to read.  It has been a good day and a little different than the "normal."

No comments: