Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 1st - Happy New Year!!!

After our big party last night (Ha, ha!), we laid low today.  I guess you could say we started off the new year at a new low! 

About the only thing I really accomplished was to make some cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  I had put out a couple of loaves of frozen dough yesterday, so I just rolled them out, let them rise a little, and baked them.  Yummy!

I spent some time at the computer, but I had trouble with FamilySearch not letting me search records.  I hope it works tomorrow.  One of the students in my class gave me her user name and helper number, so I could look at her tree and use it for my lesson Sunday.  We will be talking about how to search for records on FamilySearch.  But, with the site not letting me do what I wanted, I didn't really get anything accomplished.

I also managed to sneak in a rather long nap in the early afternoon.  All my hard work made me tired, I guess.

Mid-afternoon, the sister missionaries stopped by.  They had been out tracting for a while and were on bikes, so they were getting cold.  They just wanted to warm up a little.  I fixed them some hot chocolate and we had a nice visit.  Then they went off to tract a little bit more, before coming back here.  Bill had volunteered to drive them and their bikes back to their apartment.  Of course, he can't take them in the car without me, so I went along.

Once we dropped them off, we were almost to the mall area, so we went on over to Macaroni Grill for a nice dinner to start the new year right.  It was very good.

So, even though I did nothing of value, it has been a good beginning to this new year.  Here is hoping that each day can be a good one - for us, for our family, and for everyone!

No comments: