Sunday, January 5, 2014

January 4th - Finally Getting Back to Normal - or at Least Closer!

Saturdays are usually busy with routine stuff and to day was just that.  I finished getting the Christmas stuff all down and into boxes.  Well, Bill still has his lights outside, but he will take care of that.  I also did some straightening around the house, maybe 5 loads of laundry, computer stuff, planned and pre-prepped for Sunday dinner, etc.  Pretty much a normal Saturday.

We had planned to go to Costco and refill the freezer, but Bill had forgotten that he was the one in charge of cleaning the church today, and he had not called anyone to help.  He went over and did it by himself.  Then he was only home a short while when he got a call about helping someone move the last bit of their stuff after the truck they were using broke down.  So off he went again.  His day was even busier than mine!  Needless to say, Costco will wait.

So, I ended the day with things back in place in the house, which feels great.  I like Christmas and the decorations, but I love it when they are finally put away again.  I still have all the Christmas bins stacked to be carried into the attic.  Maybe Bill and David can do that tomorrow.

Tomorrow we switch to the afternoon session for church, so I will have the morning at home to finish up anything needed.  That does take a little pressure off Saturdays, but I really prefer morning church. 

I spent some of my computer time planning out my week and month.  I also need to give the house a deep cleaning this year, so I worked out a schedule to accomplish that.  I figured it wasn't a big rush and if I did just a little each week, I could have it all done by June.  I can't believe that I used to clean out every drawer, cupboard, and closet twice a year.  Now, if I do it every two or three years, I am happy!

So, it feels like things are starting to get back to normal.  In my case that means - boring!  But, I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments: