Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 22nd - Wednesdays are all about Family History!

And I guess they will continue to be that for quite a while! 

Today was my day to work at the family history center.  A friend called early and asked if she could ride with me, as she had a couple of things pop up in FamilySearch and she didn't know how to fix them.  That is one way to make sure there is a patron! 

Actually, two other people were there as well.  My regular partner at the center could not be there, so she had a substitute, plus another consultant came in, too.  It was a very productive morning.  We got my friend's problems all fixed, plus we found some new information that she had been trying to find.  Success!

She and I stopped at Moe's for lunch on our way home.  It is always a good day when one can have a burrito!  Back home, I had a load of laundry to do, and then spent some time on the computer, plus a few other odds and ends.  During the morning, I had started noticing a sore throat again and by afternoon, it was getting pretty bad.  The weather has just changed again, so I am pretty sure it is sinus again, but darn! it is irritating - and it hurts!  I even took some meds for the pounding headache and rested a while.  I never fell asleep, but I was feeling better when I got up - well, except for the sore throat.

This evening I was at the church.  I didn't have anyone come to work with me, but I did get a chance to chat with the bishop, who was so excited because a non-member friend had asked him about genealogy after finding a lot that her mother had done.  He had told her I was an expert and would help her in any way she needed.  He couldn't wait to tell me all about it - and to copy me on the email he sent back to her.  I had also taken something to work on, so I was busy the whole hour I was at the church.  I have suggested that we let the other ward in the building know that I will be there on Wednesday, in case anyone wants to come over for lessons or help.  They have new family history consultants who are not sure what they are doing yet.

I was so tired when I got home that I didn't hang around much before I was in bed.  I didn't even read all that much before I called it a day.  I hope this goes away quickly, but I will probably have to deal with it for a few days anyway.

No comments: