Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 14th - Evening with Friends

I ended my day today by going out to dinner with some friends.  We went to the new Cheesecake Factory at the mall.  So good!  One of the "girls" was in town from Idaho for a disability hearing, so she invited a few of us to join her for dinner.  There were the four of us and we had a great time, catching up and laughing.  The food was good, too, and we definitely ended with some cheesecake.  This place just opened a couple of months ago and I had not been there yet.  Of course, I probably won't go all that often, either, since I don't do restaurants that have an hour wait to get seated.  No food is that good.  This, however, was about friends, not food, so it was fun.

The rest of my day was pretty much routine.  I had water aerobics in the morning, followed by the usual things around the house.  I spent a good bit of time on family history.  My last Sunday lesson will be this week and it will be on submitting the names for the temple, so I wanted to make sure I had that all planned.  As usual, when I get into the file to do something, I end up working on one thing or another.  I think we will actually continue the class another week or two, but there won't be a formal lesson. 

I even managed to sneak in a nap.  I was very tired and I knew I wouldn't make it this evening without a little pick-me-up.  As it turned out, it was a good thing.  I didn't get home until almost 11:00, which is when I usually go to sleep.  And, I still had enough energy to read my scriptures and a chapter in my book.

Good day!

No comments: