Friday, January 31, 2014

January 30th - Recovery from the Snow Day

Things were a little slow around here this morning - school is still out (that doesn't affect me, of course!) - roads had re-iced, and it was cold!  I had taken a loaf of bread dough out of the freezer last night, so I made some cinnamon rolls this morning.  Yummy!  Bill didn't leave until late morning, as he had to pick up some supplies for his job and he didn't want to deal with any messes.

I spent the rest of my day doing as little as possible.  It is amazing how quickly I become totally lazy!  I did work on my family history files and got all done that I can do until the supplies come in.  (Note - they arrived late this afternoon, so maybe tomorrow I can work it into my schedule.)  I did manage to do a few of the necessary things around the house, but only the necessaries!  I also worked on the Bathcrest books.  I need to get them finished up so Bill can think about doing the taxes.  I will probably have to work on that some more tomorrow, too. 

All my frenetic energy just plain wore me out, so I also took a rather long nap.  Although my sinus infection seems to have cleared up, I guess I am still a little low on the energy level.  I even cooked a quickie kind of dinner, so we were able to eat something besides cinnamon rolls today.

Since the temperature got a little above freezing today, most of the snow has melted.  It is supposed to get up to 50 tomorrow, so that should finish it.  I guess that means it is time to get back to normal.  Whatever that is.  It has been a fun and interesting week for us - so glad we were not part of the horrors that many had to endure.  It is also good to hear so many good Samaritan stories coming out.  People really are mostly good.

No comments: