Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 18th - Busy Work Day, aka Saturday

What is there to say about Saturdays?  At least, when Saturday is normal.  Bill had a job, so I was home all day.  And I was working, too.  It doesn't take much to imagine the day:  laundry, dusting, cleaning, etc.  The house looks really good, as I did do a little more than the usual weekly stuff. 

I also had time to work on some computer stuff, mostly family history.  We had a good presentation on organization at the meeting earlier this week, and I have been trying to get my things better organized, so I worked on that some.  I just can't quite decide exactly what I want to do about a numbering system, which I have never really used.  I can't decide if the method demonstrated in the class would be as efficient as it seems.  At least the files themselves are organized!

I also read some more in my new Female Ancestors book.  It is very interesting.  Since I will do the book review on it in March, I want to be prepared.  I also had a little time for some research.  I am missing having time to do as much of that as before.  I keep thinking I will get a handle on everything else, so I can do actual research, but so far that isn't really happening.

I was tired, too, so mid-afternoon I laid down and read a little and then fell asleep.  I finished the book I was reading, Broken by CJ Lyons.  It was really good - a teenage girl who is dying is given a week to prove she can actually make it in a real high school.  And then the surprise ending!  I had suspicions from early in the book, but that didn't detract.

Bill didn't get home until almost 7:00, so we just had a quiet evening, not really doing much.  I heated up some chicken & noodles al fredo that we had gotten at Costco and that was about it.  He relaxed in front of the TV, I played a game or two on the computer and then went in to bed to start my new book.

Boring, boring, boring!  But all is good.

No comments: