Sunday, December 15, 2013

December 8th - 14th - Been Out of Town!

I left on Monday morning to fly to Iowa for the week.  My dad's 86th birthday was on Wednesday and I wanted to spend some time with him.  It didn't hurt that I found a good fare direct to Cedar Rapids, either!

Usually when I am out of town, and often out of wi-fi/internet access, I write up the blog each day and then just post as I get a chance.  This time, I just didn't bother!  After all, we didn't do enough to write about each day and I was on vacation.

Mostly, we just sat around his house, watching TV.  Of course, I always have a book, so I read 4 books this week.  And, every night, we went over to the Garage Mahal, my brother's bar in his garage, for an hour or so.  Nothing much to share with all that!

On his birthday, we went to a birthday party for my sister-in-law's mother.  It was the same day as Dad's birthday, but he didn't do a party this year.  She turned 85, so it was a big deal for her.  I actually enjoyed it, since her son-in-law is a musician and he brought in a couple of friends and they did a little show. 

And that was about it!  It was a good week.  We both enjoyed it.  He doesn't want any presents for anything, so spending some time with him is the best thing.

I got back home Saturday about 5:00, showered, and took off again for a Christmas party at the home of some friends.  When we got home from that, I still had a number of things to get so - like plan something for dinner tomorrow, put the finishing touches on my lesson, unpack, etc. 

After that, things will have to get back to normal.  It has been a good week, though.


No comments: