Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December 16th - A Day to Wear Me Out!

This was my first "real" day back from my trip to Iowa and I had a ton of things to get done.  I wore myself out!

There was a ton of laundry - at least five loads.  I needed to do a little extra cleaning since we had Empty Nesters here in the evening.  I actually even vacuumed, which I usually will not do, but Bill was not going to be home in time from work and there wasn't any choice.  I also had to prepare the table for the refreshments.  That isn't all that hard, but I did have to dig around in the Christmas buffet to find just the right things for serving and to decorate.  I had to make a run to the library and then to the grocery store for the ingredients for the hot chocolate. 

My assignment for refreshments was some cookies and the hot chocolate.  I usually just use the Nestle's mix, but I wanted this to be better, so I did a Pinterest search for the crock pot hot chocolate.  Boy, was it good!  Of course, what else would you expect from something made from whole cream, sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate chips!

In between all the work, I was at the computer.  What I really wanted to be doing was working on next week's family history lesson.  The biggest challenge is to come up with the story that both teach a lesson and make an ancestor come to life.  I had one idea, but it just wasn't right, but I did finally find the exact right story for next week's lesson. 

Empty Nesters was fun.  The group went caroling, but I stayed home to finish the refreshments.  I was feeling a little stressed and didn't want to come back and still have things to do.  Everyone loved the hot chocolate, as well as the egg nog and raspberry lemonade, and all the cookies!

I ended the day totally wiped out, though!

No comments: