Wednesday, December 25, 2013

December 24th - Christmas Eve!

This has been a good day - of course, it is Christmas Eve!

Bill and I each had a to-go list and we both plugged away at the items at a rather leisurely pace, I must say.  I got the Tex-Mex dip all made.  Bill peeled the potatoes and we got them and the eggs all cooked for the potato salad.  I got most of the rest of the presents wrapped.

I also spent some at the computer.  By afternoon I was feeling pretty tired again, so I laid down for a couple of hours, although I didn't really sleep much.  Even so, it was enough to restore the energy for the evening.

Then it was time to get ready to join the rest of the family for our Christmas Eve celebrations.  It was held at Judy and Greg's this year.  Joy, Billy, and Stephanie were the only "Georgia" family that were missing.  We had a lot of fun.  Dinner was the traditional tacos and trimmings.

After dinner, we did the gift exchange.  Judy had my name and gave me the softest couch blanket I have ever felt, plus a picture frame.  I had her name and gave her a scarf and a necklace.  Once we got all through that, we headed back to the kitchen to stuff ourselves on more desserts.  Eventually, we ended up in the basement where we did the gag gift exchange and laughed ourselves silly.  I ended up with a Ninja turtle chia pet from that!  Not sure what I am going to do with that!!!  We ended up being about the last to leave.  Bill helped Greg move a big air hockey game into the basement.  

It was a great evening, filled with fun and laughter and love.  On the way home, my thoughts turned to the Christmas Eve 16 years ago that we spent at the hospital with Jason, which turned out to be our last Christmas with him.  A few tears flowed, but I am grateful for the Atonement which started with the birth of Jesus Christ.  Because of the birth of this child, all will be overcome that death and we may be reunited to live as families. 

Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments: