Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 3rd - Some Ashby Time Today!

I started my day with water aerobics.  It was fun being back in the pool after the two week break over Thanksgiving.  This is just a three week class and then another two weeks off over Christmas.  Trilby gave us a really good workout, though, so I am feeling good!

Back home, it was the usual routine around the house and on the computer/desk stuff.  Then I got a call from Lisa saying she had just picked Ashby up, but she needed to take Brooks to the doctor - slight fever, but a rash had developed - and she didn't want to go.  Needless to say, I was more than happy to have her dropped off here.

She came running in and was ready to have fun, which we did.  I had been working on getting all the Christmas decorations done earlier, so that is what attracted her attention.  She immediately went to the nativities.  We finished setting up the village and the clay pot soldiers and then she saw the box of nutcrackers.  Now they are all out and she has been having a ball.  They will eventually go up on the top of the divider wall, out of everyone's reach, so she is loving having them where she can play.

Bottom line, is that all the indoor decorations are in place, or ready to be put in place, so I have made good progress.  Well, that is, all but the tree.  I just have to put a couple of outdoor things to put out, then anything else will be up to Bill.  I don't do the lights.

Ashby and I had a great time playing.  David and Brooks came over later to pick her up.  Brooks wanted to play with the trains.  He remembered that yesterday at Target, we had bought some more train cars for Grandma's train.  He certainly doesn't look or act sick, but it turns out that he has strep - low fever, but the rash is why Lisa took him in.  He told me that he is all better now, because the doctor gave him the pink medicine.

It was a fun afternoon.  Nothing like grandchildren to make a day sparkle!

No comments: