Friday, December 6, 2013

December 5th - Got the Christmas Tree Up!

This was pretty much a normal day - water aerobics, routine stuff at home, computer time, family history, etc. I was so totally tired this afternoon that I could hardly keep going.  I think it is the weather change again and the headache that comes with it.  I didn't want to nap, though, so I kept plugging away.  I actually got quite a lot done at the desk, especially getting through all my emails and responding, filing, or deleting them. 

Since the TV is still broken, and the repairman has to reschedule since UPS didn't unload one of their trucks and the parts for our TV were on that truck, Bill is still trying to keep himself busy.  He commented that he is sure getting a lot of other things done, since he can't sit in the chair and sleep.  I guess without the TV, he feels guilty just sitting and sleeping.  Anyway, he decided to go to Costco and pick up the artificial tree that he had seen last trip.  He called while he was there to say that the trees were gone and could I look to see if it was still available online, which I did and there were still some left.  When he got home, he came into the office to look at what they had.  Then he got that silly grin and said, "First, let me show you what I did get."  I figured he had bought a small TV to tide him over until the repair is done.  Nope.  He had the tree.  It turns out that all the trees were gone and he had asked two different floor people and they both said they were gone.  He had gone to a manager to ask if more would be coming in and it turns out they had 40 of them, but in a different place. 

Bottom line, it look all of about ten  minutes to get the thing out of the box, set up, and all the lights on.  I love artificial, pre-lit trees!  I have reached the point when easy is better.  It is a good looking tree and now only needs ornaments, which I will let the kids do on Sunday.

He also got the empty boxes put away and the nutcrackers put up on the top of the wall.  It is actually starting to look pretty good.

Merry Christmas ---- tree!!!

No comments: