Saturday, December 7, 2013

December 6th - Morning at the Mall!

I was still sitting around in my PJ's this morning - Bill had just left - when Lisa called and asked if I wanted to meet them at the mall so Brooks could play.  It sounded like a great idea to me, so I got the laundry going and put some clothes on and then headed out to meet up with them after they dropped Ashby at school.

It was early, about 9:30, when we met at the play area.  No one else was even there yet, so Brooks had the place to himself.  At least, he did for the first five minutes before others started showing up.  He had a great time.  He is now one of the "big" kids and it seems like it was only yesterday that he was the baby!

After he was played out, we went over to the cars and he rode several of those.  Grandma's always make sure there are quarters available, you know.  The pretzel place had opened by then and he always wants a pretzel, so he got the cup of pretzel bits and we sat and ate those for a snack.  Then we just walked the mall a while.  The most important thing was to ride in the "elegator" (elevator), so we did that.  By the time we finished walking, the train was open, so he took a ride on the train.  He always chooses the caboose.

What a fun morning!  He was getting tired, so he was happy to head on home at that point.  I headed on home myself, as I had a few things to get done.  Most important, I had to get the rest of the laundry done.  I also finished the last of the Christmas decorations, which was getting the reindeer out by the door.  The tree is not yet decorated, but the kids will do that on Sunday.  It actually looks pretty good with just the lights on it.

Bill got home early, so he was quickly getting restless.  He put some music on and took a short nap, but then wanted a to do list so he could keep busy.  I think I am liking this no TV thing.  He put lights out on the bushes, repaired one of the reindeer pieces that needed to be glued and nailed back together, repaired some lamps that have been sitting here half done for ages, ran to the library to get a book on CD for his trip to Alabama Monday, and a few other odds and ends. 

I, on the other hand, spent the rest of my afternoon on the computer, mostly.  I worked some on the fifth Sunday presentation that I have to do.  I was reviewing it and discovered some more optional material.  I did also make some gift tags for my visiting teaching gifts.

All in all, this has been quite a busy day.  I have had my trip to the mall during Christmas, which was nice since it was early and not yet busy.  That will probably be enough to satisfy me!


No comments: