Thursday, December 26, 2013

December 25th - A Wonderful Christmas Day!

This has been a nearly perfect Christmas Day.  We slept in and relaxed most of the morning.  I fixed the sausage, cream cheese, and crescent roll breakfast bake.  Then I got the potato salad put together, the frozen rolls rising, and the ham into the oven.  Eventually, I got the table set.  Oh, and I had the last two gifts to get wrapped.  That pretty much took all morning!

Sometime around noon, Lisa and family made it over.  The kids were beyond excited!  They had both gotten special gifts from Santa and it was hard to get them away from them.  Since dinner was ready, we ate right away - ham, potato salad, tortellini salad (Lisa brought), dinner rolls, relish tray.  Very easy and very tasty, too!

We finally got around to opening gifts, which took a very long time, because after each gift was opened, it had to be played with for a while.  Of the things I got them, Ashby's favorite was the school house (she gets to play teacher, using the pointer, white board, map, etc, like a real teacher!).  Brooks favorite was the Play-doh garbage truck (so why do little boys love garbage so much?)  They each played with their favorite most of the rest of the day.  Although, the car mat, cars, and Barbies got their share of attention, as well.

We then all gathered around the table to enjoy chocolate fondue - what fun!  And it tasted great, too.  The kids think it is so neat to take that long fork and dip something into the chocolate.  Brooks loved doing the "circle" (Krispie Kreme donut hole) - in fact, he had most of them.  I should have bought more.  We actually cleaned up all the chocolate and dippers.

They finally had to clean up, pack up, and head for home.  Brooks had taken a long nap, so he was doing pretty well, but poor Ashby was just about totally spent.  It has been quite a day for the two of them.

Once they left, there wasn't really much to do around the house as everyone had helped get things cleaned up.  I played with my new Iphone a little and then headed in to bed myself.  I finished the last chapter in Moroni, so I have finished the Book of Mormon this year again.  It seems somehow fitting to end Christmas with this accomplishment!

So grateful for the Savior, for the family, and for all the wonderful blessings I have!

No comments: