Monday, December 30, 2013

December 29th - Wonderful Sunday

This has been a busy Sunday, but a really good one.  I am feeling much better, so that has helped make it better, too.

Sacrament meeting talks were really good.  Then I had to teach my Family History class during Sunday School.  There were quite a few people missing, but it was a good lesson, anyway.  I am trying to figure out how to get everything in by the end of January.  We may have to run over a week or two.

Then, because it was a fifth Sunday, we had a combined third hour with the Priesthood and Relief Society.  I did the presentation on - guess what! - family history.  The church had prepared a Sunday lesson with several good videos and stressing the importance of stories and pictures to help connect with our ancestors.  I just did the presenting, so it wasn't really that bad.  I think it went really well - at least everyone seemed to be paying attention and I got several comments afterwards.  I even got one message from a sister letting me know she will be taking the next Sunday class that starts in March.

Back home, I got the beginnings going for dinner.  We had homemade tacos and cheese enchiladas.  I got the enchiladas in the pan ready to heat and the meat cooked for the tacos.  I then spent some time on the computer and doing a few other things.  I was back in the kitchen chopping things when Lisa and crew arrived.  She helped finish the chopping, Ashby set the table (with a little help from Gandma Vanett), and I started frying the tortillas.  We ate a ton!  They were so good.  Bill was so late getting home that David and Vanett had more tacos with him.  Then we topped it all off with a key lime pie.  Can't do better than that for eating!

The rest of our afternoon and evening, we just relaxed and laughed and talked.  Bill had fun playing hide-and-seek with Ashby and Brooks and they loved it, too.  I always enjoy our Sundays - and this was a good one.


No comments: