Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 17th - Reconnecting with a Wonderful Friend!

This has been another busy day.  I started with water aerobics, came home and showered, and Lisa came by to borrow a bunch of my Christmas dishes for her recipe club meeting later this week.  Then I met one of my visiting teaching sisters for lunch.

Once I got home, I didn't feel like doing much that required any effort!  So, of course, I worked on my family history lesson for Sunday.  I have chosen a story with some brick walls and I have to do some serious preparation to get it together.  Anyway, I was buried in all of that when I got a phone call from my best friend from Florida!

We have not been in touch for quite a while.  In fact, the last time I saw her was in February of 2001, when we went to Hawaii together.  We have not talked to each other in years, although I regularly send Christmas cards.  She has had a really tough year and really needed someone.  I am flattered that I am still that to her.  We had a nice, long conversation and I am looking forward to us getting together again sometime during the next few months.  It is amazing that being apart from someone does not destroy a deep friendship.  I have thought of her often, and talk about her, too, but have not really done my part to keep in touch.  She was afraid that I would be mad, because she hasn't done any better.  Not so.  I was thrilled!

I finally got some of the Christmas gifts wrapped.  I started pulling things out of the closet and discovered that I had four things for each of the grandkids, plus one more thing for the both of them.  I think it is time to stop buying! 

Bill went home teaching last night and I did the relaxing through the evening thing.  I was so tired that I was so ready for bed as soon as I thought it was late enough!  Of course, I still took a little time to read.  I should get the Book of Mormon finished before the end of the year, as I have just a few pages left.  Good for me!

No comments: