Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 30th - Busy Monday

Things aren't quite back to normal yet, but today was more like a busy Monday - a little less vacation and holiday attitude.  I am also feeling better, so that is good.

I made a list of the major projects that I need to work on this week and I did a little on each one today.  I haven't inventoried the 3 month food storage in a while (supposed to be on a schedule doing that - oops!), so today I got it about half done.  I will try to finish in the morning, so I can work on my Costco shopping list next.

I have several family history presentations coming up, so I worked on some of that.  I have next Sunday's lesson to get together.  There were a couple of questions in class last week that I want to address more next time, so I had a little research to do.  The ward mission leader talked to me about doing presentations to some Home Owner Associations or similar organizations that offer class activities from time to time, so I wanted to get an angle on that.  I have the county presentation coming up in February, although that is pretty much planned, I do keep reviewing it in case I think of something more.  There is also a youth fireside in March, I think it is, which will be much the same as my Sunday presentation, with some changes to make it a little shorter and more pertinent to the youth. 

I have some more things on the list that I was able to cross off.  What I didn't get to was anything much around the house, other than dishwasher and that sort of stuff.  I also took another nap when I began to feel so tired in the mid-afternoon.  I am just listening to my body on that, hoping that a little more rest will get rid of the rest of the stuff that is still hanging on.

Lisa called and invited us to come over for New Years Eve, so I guess we will be doing that.  They will be celebrating from about 5 - 8, with lots of activities for the kids.  I figured we could last that long - Ha!

It has been a good day and I have actually accomplished a lot.  Hopefully my project list will be completed in a few more days.  I suppose I should add one more thing to my list - resolutions!  But then, I don't really do resolutions since they seem to be a way to get set up to fail.  I will add it to my list, though, and decide after I ponder on it some!

No comments: