Monday, December 23, 2013

December 22nd - Christmas Sunday and I am Home in Bed

I decided this morning that I had better stay home.  My throat was so sore I could hardly swallow and the headache was terrific.  What actually convinced me was when Bill said I looked awful.  So, one last day spent recovering.

I got the crock pot going and did a few odds and ends around, not much really.  Then I went back to bed and slept for a couple of hours.  I felt much better, so got my shower, thinking I was ready for the day.  By the time I finished, I was exhausted!  Even so, I couldn't sleep anymore, so I did some things at the computer for a while.  I then decided to lie down for just a little bit before the kids got here.  I had barely got settled in bed when Bill got home.  He told me all about what I missed at church, then decided to get his own quick nap in.  While he rested in his chair, I rested in bed.

It wasn't long before the kids all arrived.  Ashby was all dressed up in the new dress that Grandma Vanett bought for her the other day - when Ashby wanted to shop at Dillard's.  Brooks was decked out in his vest and tie.  They were both really cute.  Brooks was excited because the 3 year olds got to come into Primary for a bit of singing time and he liked being a big boy.  Apparently, Ashby played mother and came to sit beside him and then, when he didn't want to leave, she walked him back to the nursery.  Cute!

They changed out of their good clothes, putting on new jammies, and then the usual Sunday fun began.  We had the pot roast and all the trimmings for dinner - an easy, but very good meal.  Then we sat around talking, the kids playing, and half watching a movie on the Disney channel.  It was a very nice afternoon.  I exerted very little energy, other than sitting on the couch, so it was relaxing, too.  Brooks eventually fell asleep in Lisa's nap - something he almost never does, so he mush have been especially tired!  So, they loaded up and headed for home.

Shortly after they left, our hometeacher came by.  We had a very enjoyable visit with him.

After he left, I was finishing up a couple of things on the computer, planning to head back to bed, when Billy called.  We hadn't talked to him since he moved back to his condo in Cedar Rapids, so it was good to get caught up on how he was doing.  It sounds like the move went well.  He has just a few things left to get out of his apartment in Des Moines and will then move into his studio/efficiency over there sometime this week.  He also got all the papers done for the classes he will be taking this semester, so that is a relief, too.  He is getting up to the speed on the project at work now, and he is expecting a good bit of overtime during the next few months.  He is fine with that, as he is paid by the hour.  He got his first paycheck from the new job, too, and that is always exciting.  He is now 1099, so the paycheck really seemed big!  He said he stopped to see Grandpa on his way back to Des Moines this evening and gave a positive report on that, too.

By the time all of that was finished, I was ready for bed!  I feel much better tonight, so hopefully spending that one more day mostly resting will be enough to get rid of this, whatever it is.  I am quite sure it is just sinus, though, and not something worse.  We shall see!

No comments: