Monday, December 16, 2013

December 15th - Only Ten Days Until Christmas!

This month is flying by!  Of course, taking off a week to go to Iowa has taken a big bite out of it.  It was worth it, though.  Now, if I can just get caught up at home!

Today was Sunday and was a great day, as always.  In Sacrament Meeting, there were two special musical numbers and both were great.  It adds a lot to the meeting. 

My Sunday School class went well, too.  They finally got the wi-fi working.  Well, actually our techie guy got so fed up with trying to work it out with Salt Lake that he just by-passed their equipment and now it works perfectly.  That is good for me, because it is hard to show anyone how to use FamilySearch when you can't be on live doing it.

Back home, I put together a quickie kind of dinner - just some chicken al fredo made with soup base, rigatoni, and canned chicken.  I added some refrigerator biscuits and broccoli and it was actually very good.  At least, everything got eaten!

It was fun having everyone over.  I usually only see the kids once or twice during the week, if that, but it was still fun to see them.  We had a fun, relaxing afternoon.  Lisa brought her laundry over to wash while they were here.  Her washer broke down for good last week and she had come over while I was gone to wash, but it had piled up again.  They have a new one ordered to be delivered the end of this week.  We are buying it for them as their Christmas present, which makes my Christmas shopping much easier! 

I am glad to be home, but I have a busy week coming and I am not sure I want to face that!  At least today was a great day.

No comments: