Thursday, December 19, 2013

December 18th - Busy Genealogy Day!

Today was the monthly meeting of the Genealogy Study Group, a local group that meets at the church building.  Since I am the liaison between the group and the church, I have to be there early to help them get set up.  I picked up my friend, who also attends, and we headed out.  We got things all set up, enjoyed the meeting, followed by the steering committee meeting, and then got everything back to order.  After all of that, she and I went out to a late lunch.  I also visit teach her and we have kind of turned this into our visiting teaching.

When I finally got back home, it was around 2:00.  The TV repairman was scheduled to come between 2 and 6, so I couldn't really take a nap, which I really wanted!  I have had a killer sore throat today and I could have used some sleep.  Instead, I worked on family history.  I am still working on the story that I am using for my lesson on Sunday.  It is about one of my brick walls, and of course I have to keep trying to find just one more answer!

The repairman finally came at almost 6:00.  He had obviously had one of "those kinds of days."  It only took him less than half an hour to replace the mother board, so now all is working well again.  Bill will be so happy to be able to sleep in front of the TV again!  It has been 3 1/2 weeks without.  It was all under warranty, but there seemed to be a comedy of errors trying to prevent the repair - shipping the parts, the UPS truck not getting unloaded when the parts came, my being out of town for a week and Bill's schedule too full to be at home, etc.  Anyway, it is now fixed.  I haven't missed it at all - but then I hardly watch it anyway.

Bill had activity night at the church tonight and I hit the bed early.  It has been a busy day, but a good one.  Again.  I seem to say that almost every day!

No comments: