Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 30th - Medical Monday

I tried to renew my prescriptions, even though there were no renewals left.  The pharmacy just calls the doctor's office and most of the time they do another month.  Not so this time, as the doctor said I had to come in for a visit. 

So, today was my visit.  Since they want blood work done while still fasting, I went in shortly after 8 to get that done.  Usually that is a quick in and out, but it took a while today.  They had quite a few other patients doing the same thing who all showed up when I did.  At least I got all the paperwork filled out.  It was my first visit this year and they make you fill out new paper work every year.

My actual appointment wasn't until 2, but that went really quick.  I only waited a few minutes before I was called in.  I didn't even wait all that long for the doctor.  This was a quick exam since it was just for prescription renewals.  Blood pressure was up a little bit, so I will have to go back in a month or so to have it checked by them again.  Everything else looked fine.  Of course, we will wait and see what the blood work says.  Six month ago, sugar was borderline, so he is looking at that again.  

Since I am now on Medicare, he added a couple of things that they pay for, so I got the pneumonia vaccine.  He also is sending me to another doctor for an abdominal sonogram.  It happens to be the same doctor that does colonoscopies, which I am due to get this year, so I guess I will take care of both.  I also need to get a mammogram and pap smear.  I will need to schedule both of those.  I have to get a new Gyn, since mine closed his office, so I have been putting it off.  I do know that there may be some minor surgery to repair a rectocele that he found last year.  It will be interesting to see what a new doctor thinks of it.

All in all, things look good for such an old lady - 65!  

No comments: