Friday, July 6, 2012

July 5th - Preparations - & Counting Down

I spent today doing the last of the preparations for our vacation.  Tomorrow I do the actual packing.  I had to run a couple of errands, including a trip to the library to return a stack of books and a final trip to the grocery store.

I think everything is now ready to pack.  We are going to try to find room to take some of our food this year, as it is always a stressful grocery trip when we get there.  Bill will still have to go to the store, but will only have to get the fresh and frozen things.  Hopefully, we will be covered for the first few days.  That is unless the van is overpacked and some of the food gets left behind!

I also got the bag of toys ready.  Yes, toys.  There are a few things here that Lisa and I decided to take for the kids - like the little blow-up pool and the beach buckets and castle making molds.  Oh, and the Barbie dolls for the pool and the little cars to entertain Brooks, and......, and......, and.....  You get the idea!  I limited it to one mesh bag, though.

I have all the beach towels out and stacked.  The high chair is folded up and ready to go.  I have made some to-do lists for tomorrow's packing so nothing gets left behind. 

Did I say we were getting excited about Florida?  What was your first clue? 

No comments: