Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 20th - Day 14 - Making the Most of the Last Day

I was up before 6:00 this morning to watch the sunrise on the beach.  It was the best one yet.  I also took a nice walk at the edge of the water, like I usually do.  Then I walked up the walkway and sat in the gazebo for an hour or so reading my book.  From that particular gazebo, I can see the ocean, so it was very nice.

I hit the pool at 9:00 when it opened.  The morning was very quiet, although Vanett and Brooks were out taking a walk and he got into the pool a bit.  A little later, David brought Ashby out for a while.  Then they joined almost everyone else down at the beach for the last day.  Since I don't like the hot sun at the beach during the daytime, I only did my early morning thing.   Eventually Gail and Martha showed up and we had a nice time until the sun finally reached my shady spot and I went in for a late lunch. 

After a quiet afternoon, we all headed out to the Seafood Kitchen for dinner.  John and Hazel treated the whole group - there were 18 of us.  Food was very good and we stayed until Brooks got restless and ready to down for the night.

When we got back to the condo, Ashby went to play for a while with Lizzie and some of the others went to the club pool.  I just went out to our pool and sat in the hot tub for a while.  I had a great time chatting with some other guests.  We had to leave when they kicked us out to close the pool.

So the last real day is over - I am so depressed!  I have had a great two weeks, but am still not ready to go home!

No comments: