Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 7th - Finally, Some Sun!

The day started like they have for a long time now - cloudy, misty, ugly.  But by late morning, the sun had won!  Hurrah!  And the forecast seems to be at least partly sunny the rest of the week - until maybe Saturday.  I will take all I can get.

Lisa had a show to do for her 31 Bags this morning, so I went over to stay with Brooks.  Ashby had preschool, so Lisa dropped her off.  Brooks and I had a great time playing.  At lunch, he ate a little and then started to get rather fussy.  He rarely gets fussy, so I knew he was ready for an early nap.  By 11:45, I asked if he wanted to take a nap, and he said he did.  We got his pacifier (only allowed at bedtime now), picked up his "mighty machine" (bull dozer) as he walked by it, and climbed up to his room, stood by the crib, and never made another sound when I put him in.  He was still sleeping when Lisa got back a couple of hours later.  He wasn't supposed to sleep half the time I was there, but stuff happens sometimes!

When I got back home, I had the usual house stuff to do, plus I had not really eaten a lunch so I fixed me something.  I was in the middle of eating when the missionaries stopped by.  They often stop when they need a rest and a bathroom break.  They stayed and we visited a while, mostly talking about the Focus families that the RS is working with.  The missionaries are supposed to be involved with that, as well, and they were wanting to figure out ways they could help.

When they left, I finished lunch and then finally got a chance to work at the computer a little.  I spent most of that time on family history.

Bill had activity night at church and then a bishopric meeting after, so he was out all evening.  I had run by the library on my home earlier and had picked up two more books.  I have one left from my last trip, so I need to finish that one before I start in on the newest two.  I finished reading the Pearl of Great Price, too.  My next reading was going to be the Book of Mormon anyway, so I will start and try to finish by August 2nd, along with the youth of the ward.

This has been a good day - and I especially enjoyed the sunshine!

No comments: