Monday, May 6, 2013

May 5th - Cinco de Mayo Sunday

Big events at church today - the bishopric was reorganized.  Bill was very excited, thinking that he would be released and have a little break with nothing to do.  Didn't happen, though, as he was called back as the new 1st counselor.  They didn't issue the call until this morning, so he was surprised!  He really likes Kevin Maggert, the new bishop, and has worked with him a lot over the years.  The other counselor is Johnny Murphy.  The only "problem" we foresee is that they are both younger and more technology minded.  Poor Bill will be pulling the "but I am an old man" card a lot, I am afraid!  Even so, he is excited about the chance to work with the new bishopric.

The rest of the church meetings were good.  Well, I didn't make it to Sunday School as that was when they did all the setting aparts for the new bishopric.  RS was really good, though.  Sarah gave the lesson and did a great job.

At home, I fixed tacos for dinner since it was Cinco de Mayo.  Homemade tacos are one of the family favorites, so I was greatly appreciated today.  I also fixed a small pan of enchiladas.  The sister missionaries came by later and I fed them - kind of a second shift dinner.  When Bill finally got home, he had the third shift.  By then, David ate again, so at least he wasn't alone!

May 5th, 1959, was my baptism date.  So I have been a member 54 years!  Almost a lifetime - Ha!  I am very grateful for those missionaries who tracted the whole town where I lived, before finding us on the last street.  We were their only success, but what a blessing it has been.

No comments: