Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 4th - Another Day with Kids - Whoo Hoo!

Today is Star War Days - May the forth be with you!

I had thought about going to a family history conference today, but changed my mind.  It is raining again - will it ever stop?  Bill was still at the camp out, so I had the place all to myself.  I took care of the usual stuff, then decided to totally break the rules.  I watched the final episode of House of Cards - and Bill got home just as it was finishing.  Glad I did it - I never would have gotten another chance all day!

Shortly before lunch, Lisa and David dropped the kids off so they could continue car shopping without having to fight kids, too.  We had a great time!  With both of us home, it makes it a lot easier to keep up with two of them.  We had spaghetti for lunch, then played some more.  By 2:00, Brooks was ready for a nap, which lasted for better than 2 1/2 hours.  By about 4:00, Ashby was getting tired, too, so she and I snuggled in the bed for a while, laughing and tickling and having a great time.  All of a sudden, she was asleep, too!  She rarely naps, so I only let her sleep about an hour, but she must have needed it. 

When everyone was up, I started fixing some chicken and rice for their dinner, when Lisa and David got back.  They hung around a while, eating some of the dinner, too.  When everyone finally left, the place was really quiet again!

Another fun day!  But, it sure does wear me out.......... Getting old, Grandma??

No comments: