Friday, May 17, 2013

May 16th - A Little Babysitting Today

I was without a car today, since Bill's van is in the shop, so I was definitely a "stay at home" wife today!  I have gotten  myself so into this family history addiction that I spent most of my time working on that.  I did do a few of the "have to" things around the house and two loads of laundry, but that was about it.

At least until around 1:00 when Lisa dropped the kids off.  She had an appointment and I got to have the kids.  Of course, it was a lot of fun!  Before she left, Lisa put Brooks down for a nap, but if he slept, it was very little.  By 2:30, he was obviously wide awake.  When he got up, they decided it was time to go outside to play.  We were out there digging in the dirt and playing in the playhouse when Lisa got back.  It was a lot of fun, except for the mosquito bites that Ashby got.  We got the Skin So Soft out and took care of that problem very quickly! 

They stayed until about 4:30.  Bill got home early enough to get to see everyone, but not enough to get to play.  They had to go pick up David from work, so they had to take off.  It was a bright, noisy break in the middle of my otherwise very quiet day!

Bill had home teaching this evening, and I was back at the family history.  I was working the problem list on Bill's line and ran across a problem area that is taking some time to fix.  Actually, my personal file is fine, but the one on Ancestry is totally messed up.  I will probably work on getting that straightened out tomorrow.

A good day - quiet, with a bright flash of brilliance in the middle!

No comments: