Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 21st - What a Beautiful Day!

Our first full day in Ormond Beach was beautiful.  We got up, Bill got ready to go to work and I just threw some clothes on, and we went down for breakfast together.  Then he had to take off and work all day while I just relaxed.

I checked the computer stuff, read a little, finally got my swimsuit on and went down to the pool.  It was a sunny day, with a pretty good breeze.  After getting set up near a table with an umbrella so I could control the sun, I went to test out the pool.  It was a little cool, but not bad, and I enjoyed myself for a little while.  On the way, I talked to a nice couple who come here twice a year for about 5 days each time. 

I spent the next hour or so in my lounge chair, reading and just looking out at the ocean.  Absolutely gorgeous!  Then a cloud mass came over and the breeze got a little chilly.  I finally came back in for a little while.  I just sat on the patio and read and looked at the ocean!

Later when the sun was back out, I went out again and spent another hour or two in my lounge chair.  It was so relaxing.  When I finally came in again, I had some lunch (left over ribs from yesterday and some chips and fruit.)  By then, I was getting tired, so I laid in bed and read until I actually fell asleep.  It was one of those naps where I just couldn't wake up! 

I did finally wake up, though, got showered and dressed and Bill was back by then.  We went out to a nice Mexican place for dinner, drove around some (he needed to pick something up at Lowe's) and then came back up to the hotel.  He had to call in for part of bishopric meeting this evening, but I just laid on the bed, reading some more. 

What a beautiful day.  The forecast had been late day showers and thunderstorms, but we sure didn't get any today! 

No comments: