Saturday, May 4, 2013

May 3rd - Fun Day with Kiddos!

Lisa messaged me early saying that she and the kids were going to the mall to play later and inviting me to come, too.  I said I would love it - just to give me a call when they were ready to go.  Then I hurried to get all my morning chores done.  I had several loads of laundry to do, plus some house work things, as well as the RS email to finish.

When she called, I was able to head out for the mall.  We arrived in the parking lot at about the same time and managed to park close to each.  That doesn't happen often!  The kids had a ball at the play area and then we had some lunch.  Brooks was getting very tired and being a big difficult, so Lisa headed for home to get him his nap.  Ashby decided to come home with me for the afternoon.

We had a great time.  I had just a little laundry to finish, but that was about it.  She played by herself a lot, but we did some things together, too.  We made cupcakes and frosted them and decorated them with sprinkles.  She did it all, with just a little guidance from me.

She was trying to tie a bow in the doll's shoe string, so she spent a long time working on that.  I helped her and she managed to accomplish it a couple of times.  She gets very frustrated, though, as she wants to be able to do everything by herself and correctly.  She will get it figured out soon.

We also read some books - one of her favorite things!  Then David and Lisa came by and dropped Brooks off, too, so they could go out to do a little car shopping.  Their car needs some major repair work, and they need something bigger anyway, so are looking to see if it would be better to just trade the car in at this point.  So, the next couple of hours things turned pretty wild around here!  Brooks is much more active in his play and likes to have someone playing with him more of the time.

We all had a ball.  Towards the end, Brooks found the camera and wanted to take pictures.  Ashby was more than happy to be the model and was posing all sorts of ways.  With a little help, Brooks was the photographer.  Digital cameras are such a blessing!  It is so easy to just play with taking pictures and then to get to see them right away.  And then just delete all the crazy ones - like the ones of fingers and carpet and ceilings.  We were all laughing so hard!

Bill had to go to Father-Son campout this evening, so he was around enough to get packed up and off.  Once Lisa and David picked up the kids, it was particularly quiet around here!  I watched another episode of House of Cards, did a few computer things, then read before bed.

Wild day - ending with such quiet!


No comments: