Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 1st - Happy May Day!

When I was a kid, we would make homemade baskets and fill them with candy and drop them off at the homes of a few friends.  It was all very secretive - you know, ring the door bell and run.  I was usually allowed to do 4 or 5, so I had to pick my secret friends very carefully.  I remember being so excited to receive a May basket myself - that meant someone liked me!

No May baskets today, but it was still a good day.  We had a RS presidency meeting which always takes several hours, but much was accomplished.  I have a few things I need to follow up on.  I also made a run to the library on my way home to return one book and pick up another. 

The rest of my day was pretty much the expected - a load of laundry, house stuff, computer stuff, etc.  I spent a good bit of time on family history, which is always what I enjoy the most.  I also took time at lunch to watch another episode of House of Cards.  It is very interesting to see all the political back-door maneuvering. 

Bill had to go over to the hospital in Cumming to give someone a blessing, so he was gone for a good while.  I ended up watching another couple of episodes.  I also started the new book I picked up today - The Aviator's Wife.  I can tell I am going to like it already.  It is about Anne Morrow Lindbergh - written in the first person and somewhat fictionalized.  I will have to follow up to find out how accurate the story is - but that will wait until I finish.


No comments: