Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 11th - Busy Saturday!

Bill had to attend a baptism this morning, so I stayed home and got some of my Saturday work done - laundry going, sheets changed, dusting, etc.  I also had to send out the RS email which I forgot to send yesterday. 

When he got home, we got to talking about the visitors we had coming in June and how we had planned on some fixing up in the house this year.  We decided that it would be nice to get some of it done before we had company.  That meant we had to go out to do some shopping, so we could decide what we wanted to do.  I hate shopping - and I seem to hate it more the older I get.  But, I went anyway!  We were looking at flooring, primarily, and went to a place in Lawrenceville that had been recommended.  As it turned out, we found some potential carpet and engineered wood flooring that we liked and was reasonably priced.  We brought some samples home to decide.

We also went by Home Depot, but Bill had to really push to get me to go there.  I had looked at all the flooring I wanted to see.  We ran into some friends and chatted with them a bit and then looked at counter tops.  We have done this before and I was totally bored by it.  But, we did get some information.  The major remodel of the year is the kitchen.  We will have to see if there is any money left after the flooring gets done.

We also stopped while we were out and had a late lunch at Asian Fusion.  Very good, as usual.  We talked about going to a movie, but by the time we got home, we knew we wouldn't do it!  Bill talked to Corey on the phone (one of our guests coming in late June) and then ran out for a couple of hours on a favor for him.  I stayed home this time and worked on family history.

I got things prepared for dinner tomorrow before I finally gave in and climbed in bed with my book.  I finished it.  It was The Crown and was so-so.  Some elements were quite good, other things not so much. 

So, another week ends!

No comments: