Monday, May 13, 2013

May 12th - Happy Mother's Day!

Church this morning focused on mothers, of course.  I am getting better - I used to hate Mother's Day and even chose not to attend on a few occasions.  I am still not thrilled about the focus, but I didn't have a problem at least.  I only teared up once - and it had nothing to do with the talks.  I was just remembering Jason and had to just push through it. 

I had put dinner in the crock pots before I left for church, so there wasn't too much to finish when I got home.  I fixed a pork loin, seasoned with soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic salt.  It was so tender and really tasty.  Quite a bit different than the way I usually season it.  Along with it, we had fresh green beans and potatoes, both from the produce box I get every week.  I added some frozen dinner rolls and applesauce.  It was very good.

When the kids got here, Ashby couldn't wait for me to open my present.  It was a 31 bag that had a sketch of a little girl and a little boy and the names Ashby and Brooks under the pictures.  So cute!  Inside the bag, was a stamped nickel necklace.  There were two coins - the top when stamped with "Ashby & Brooks" and the bottom one a little larger and stamped with "Billy, Lisa & Jason."  On top was a charm that says Love.  It is very cute and I wore it the rest of the day and will probably be wearing it a lot!

After dinner, everyone took a nap.  I had a houseful of sleeping bodies!  That was good, though, because when they woke up the kids were happy and energetic.  We had a great time with them, ending with quite the ballet show.  Brooks is so funny trying to copy Ashby.  Of course, he is definitely not as graceful as she is.  Very funny. 

They finally left around 9:00 - much later than usual.  It was a very nice Mother's Day. 

No comments: