Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April 3rd - No car, stuck at home

We took the car into the shop on Monday (dropped it off on the way to the courthouse for my jury duty), because every once in a while, nothing happens when you turn the key.  They checked what they could, but until they could get it to mess up, they really didn't know what the problem was.  After two days, and hundreds of tries, the car started perfectly every time.  Never fails - I told them they would never get it to act up, especially since it happens so seldom.

Anyway, all that meant that I didn't have a car, so I had a truly stay-at-home day - at least until Bill got home and we went to pick up the car.  I managed to get a little work done around the house and then spent most of the rest of the day at the computer.  I am still plugging away at the family history book.  It is the first time I have tried using publishing on Ancestry, and I am not really that pleased with it.  I think I can make it work, but I also think I am going to have to do some of it differently.  We will see!

I was going to watch the Sunday afternoon session of conference while I had some lunch, only to discover that the Sunday sessions did not record.  I am not sure what happened - probably the kids messing with the TV buttons while they were here on Sunday.  So, I watched the next Law & Order Season 1 episode on Netflix, only to discover that it was a two-parter, so naturally I watched the second episode, too.  Bill walked in while I was in the middle of the second part and almost fainted when he saw me sitting in the big chair watching TV!  I literally never sit and watch TV, so he thought I was sick or something.  Just lazy!!

I don't mind being stuck at home - it is my favorite way to spend the day!  I don't have to feel guilty about not going out to do errands since I don't have a way to get there. 

No comments: