Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April 10th - Another VT Social

We had the last visiting teaching social at the house this evening.  We only had one sister come, just like last time, so I guess that means that we have reached every sister who is interested.  Even so, we had a great evening chatting with her and she really enjoyed it, too.  As usual, 8:30 came and she decided to hang around a little longer.  We will have one more during the daytime for those who have children and have found it difficult to come in the evenings.  Several have mentioned that they will be attending that one.  After that, we will have to take the rest of the visiting teachers who have not been interviewed and connect with them individually.

I actually cleaned my house today - not just straightening - dusting, vacuuming, wiping down the bathroom and kitchen, etc.  Keeping the house neat and uncluttered means I can get by without doing the hard stuff so much, but occasionally, I still need to do a little more.  It just seemed like a good excuse to do it today. 

I also ran out for a list of errands - Target for some things I needed, including checking out the new food section for refreshments; book store to buy the book for book group next week, since I am still on the waiting list at the library; library to pick up two book requests that had come in; Kroger to get gas, most expensive thing I bought all day; Kroger Store to make a bank deposit, pick up a pharmacy refill, and to pick up something from the bakery to complete the refreshments, plus a few other items.  I had another stop on the list, but I figured I had done enough and would save that stop for another day!

I posted another entry on the Conference Talks blog and did some other odds and ends at the computer.  I only spent 10 minutes or so on family history, but I did get another 1940 census record indexed. 

It was another busy day, but the social was a great way to finish off the day. 

No comments: