Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 14th - Day 10 - Day at the Beach and Pool

Today was more like my normal day down here.  I was up early and walked down to the beach.  I was just a little past sunrise, but it was still beautiful with the sun just up a ways.  I walked a ways on the beach and then went back up the boardwalk and sat in one of the gazebos for a while.  I enjoyed just looking at the ocean, as well as reading some.

Back at the condo a couple of hours later, I had some breakfast, got dressed for the pool and headed out shortly after it opened.  I set up my usual spot and spent the rest of the morning and into the afternoon there.  I swim a little, especially when it starts to get hot; soak in the hot tub a bit, although it is too hot for too long during the daytime; read my book; chatted with people; etc.

I went back in around 1:30, got some lunch, and relaxed on my chaise lounge on the patio to read some more.  A little later, they dropped Ashby off, as she didn't want to go shopping and Brooks was napping at home.  We were going to swim, but just that quick a storm moved in and the thunder and lightening started.  It didn't stop her though, as she went to work coloring.

Martha fixed BLT's for dinner and everyone except the Pulisphers came.  They were going out to dinner, but they did drop Brooks off on their way.  It was a fun evening, and we laughed a lot.  The kids had a ball, playing and then running and squealing.  Nancy leaves tomorrow, so the group is getting pretty small.

A day couldn't be much better!

No comments: