Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 21st - Trying to Get Back to a Routine

Well, vacation is really over, so I had to get back on track today.  I had quite a list of things to do and I managed to pretty much get it done.  I only had two loads of laundry, since I was able to do most of it before we left Florida.  I spent a lot of time at the computer, getting things caught up there.  I even indexed one batch for the Family Search Indexing challenge. 

I had a couple of errands to run, so I went out in the new car - the first time I have taken it anywhere.  I had a major stop at the library - returned about 7 books and picked up 7 more.  A couple of the books are children's books that I am looking at as the first art project for Ashby when we start that.  I also had to make a stop at the grocery store to pick up some milk and fresh fruit.  When I got home, I realized that I forgotten to get bread - how can anyone forget the bread?  Oh, well.

My biggest house project was to start working on the bonus room, which will be the new art room.  There is a lot of stuff up there that needs to go anyway, so I started sorting some of it and now have some things that Bill can take to Goodwill whenever he gets a chance.  I also checked out the shelving from Ikea and picked out what I want.  It won't be the cheapest around, but it will be what I want and need and will last.  I think I will just order it online, rather than make a trip down to the store.  I will have shelving along most of the one wall, so a lot of the things that I want to keep will be able to be stored on the shelves rather than in the boxes that are up there now.  It will look much better.  I still have to find a table.  I am thinking this is going to take me a month to get done - I work so slow these days!!!

We were supposed to go to Empty Nesters this evening, but Bill got home late and I was so tired that we skipped.  Hope they had fun without us!

I did cook a casserole for dinner, though, which is always an accomplishment for me.  I actually accomplished a lot today - but I would still rather be at the beach!

No comments: