Friday, July 25, 2014

July 24th - Happy Birthday, Ashby!

Six years old today!  Ashby was so excited and had a wonderful birthday.  No big party this year, but lots of fun things to make her feel special.  She and her friend went to INK Children's Museum and had a ball.  Then we met them for dinner at the mall, where we had the teriyaki chicken.  After dinner, we went back to their house and opened presents and had a birthday cake.  It was a lot of fun. 

I spent most of the rest of my day working on some family history for the same person I was working on yesterday.  I am making some headway - slow, but sure.  I might even get to the real problem before I get finished!

Other than that, I managed to get rid of a few items from the bonus room.  I posted on the RS facebook page that I was taking them to goodwill and anyone who needed anything could have them just for picking them up.  We have a deaf sister in our ward, who is such a happy and fun person, but they struggle and she was so excited to get the end tables and lamps.  I was glad she could use them, even though they are old.  I need to get the shelves ordered, so I can go through the boxes just once.  It is going to be a nice art room when I get done.

I also had to make a run to Target to buy Ashby's birthday present.  She wanted some more of the Lego Friends, so I got her two of those. 

She was so excited about everything.  What a sweet girl she is!  I do love this grandmother business, especially with such an adorable granddaughter.  And grandson, too.  He is so funny.  His present to Ashby was a kitty that purrs when you pet it.  When she opened it, he looked at it and said, "That's adorable."  Adorable!  He is around girls too much, methinks.  But, then he turned around and went back to playing with his tractors.  Ha!

No comments: